The Future of Concrete Building = Shrinkage-Suppressed + Low CO2 Footprint Concrete Bodies
Regarding the contents
- What is a PrimX slab system by ALPHACON and why build this turn-key?
- Drying shrinkage suppression, chemical post-tensioning, pre-stressing and being truly joint-free
- We will look at CO2 reduction, hygiene leadership and maximal multi-tenant flexibility
- What means a turn-key, from design and material due diligence to installation and commissioning ?
- Historical facts in concrete R&D, joint-free concrete slab systems
- Design Practice – Including the review of two built applications in Western Canada
- Plastic Hinge, Finite Difference Analysis
- Yield Line of Johansen, FEA
- Seismic design
- Uplift forces in monolithic structural rafts for super high bay (120FT+) automated storage buildings
- Alphacon, system install
- Listing very long term, distinctive Benefits for PrimX by Alphacon, 5-Year guarantee overview
François-Xavier Destrée, ir
François-Xavier earned a master’s degree in chemical engineering from the Ecole Polytechnique at the Université Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium. François-Xavier started his professional career with ExxonMobil, spending close to a few years at their Antwerp refinery, while earning a post-graduate degree in business administration from the Solvay Business School. After serving in process engineering roles both in the US and in Belgium at Lhoist R&D and Lhoist North America, François-Xavier joined the North American concrete construction industry in 2009.
Since 2009, François-Xavier developed a solid practice with the engineering, the packaging and the delivery of specialty, steel fiber reinforced concrete flooring systems, primarily serving the manufacturing, distribution, and climate-controlled warehousing industries. His track record includes over seventy-five joint-free, specialty concrete flooring systems, out of which over forty-five were installed at industrial, refrigerated warehousing facilities. In this role, François-Xavier served his clients as an engagement, engineering, and sales lead, overseeing all slab system design matters as is necessary to tailor build-to-suit, highly advanced concrete slab solutions. Over the last twelve years, François-Xavier also developed a valuable cross-trade understanding for the construction of warehousing facilities including docking, refrigeration, racking and automated AS/RS systems
François-Xavier is a co-founder for Alphacon, Inc, serving as Alphacon’s Chairman of the Board. Through his US- based consulting body, Concretio, François-Xavier also consults with select construction firms in North America. Outside of his professional endeavors, François-Xavier enjoys spending time and traveling with his family. François- Xavier also enjoys reading, cooking and the practice of watersports.
7pm, September 15th, 2021.
For recording of the presentation, please see the attached video